Sunday, January 4, 2009

Neighborhood Greening

We spent yesterday doing more concrete removal for the greening of the Mission. Above is Josh with the concrete cutter which you use to cut the perimeter of the space that you will be removing. Afterwards, you jackhammer out the interior of that space. We had a bigger crew yesterday which made things a little faster, but still exhausting. I was the sweeper, the post lady and the caution tape lady. My favorite job was holding the Stop/Slow sign when Josh drove the Bobcat to the dumpster. Oh, how he loves to drive the Bobcat! I don't know if I'll ever be ready for the jackhammer. I don't get quite the thrill out of it that Josh does. We won't be planting anything until next weekend. Should look pretty great after that (aside from the fact that is definitely odd that we're planting in January)!

No comments:

Post a Comment