Monday, April 13, 2009

Slow and Steady

A little bit of progress was made on the sheetrock today. I found myself frustrated by the rate of progress this morning so I tried to stay away from the house so as not to vent my frustration. Let's just say I have my teams ready for every last step of this operation as soon as this sheetrock is taped, sanded and smoothed. I am a little fearful about how long that part of the process is going to take. It's a tiny little studio. It really shouldn't take more than a few days. We shall see, won't we?

The slow progress downstairs has already made me decide that we will move down there without painting, doing the floors or any of the other finishing work. We'll just finish the bathroom and kitchen and move down. We have to make the main house a priority. When we move back upstairs, we can finish the downstairs.

And yes, it is totally bizarre that they come and inspect the nailed sheetrock before you tape and sand it. I think it's all about making sure it's done properly for fire-proofing reasons.

On a brighter note, I went back to Young's Custom Cabinets today and made more progress. We discussed all of the cabinetry in greater detail today. She was still unable to come up with prices on the spot, so I decided to make a list for her and see what she would come up with on her own. I remain hopeful. I am also unclear as to how they possibly sell enough cabinets to stay in business. As I entered Young's today, the smell reminded me of the fabric cutting warehouse that I used to use when I did Kept. It must be the rice cooker. I was not able to verify this assumption, but why else would a cabinet factory and a fabric cutter's warehouse smell the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment