Thursday, April 2, 2009
OK, so I swear I'm back on the blogging bandwagon. This last week we have made good progress. I have several things to report on.
1) We spent a good portion of Saturday looking for the right drill for Josh to enable him to do the low voltage wiring (cable, internet, phone) downstairs. Since he's doing it himself, that is the perfect opportunity for a new tool acquisition, wouldn't you say? So, after a bazillion phone calls, he finally located the biggest right angle drill you could possibly find. It's intended for drilling holes through wood so that you can feed the cables through. We found it at this awesome tool shop in San Bruno called K119 tools of San Francisco that looked more like a liquor shop from the outside than a tool shop. My favorite part was that it was across the street from the West Coast Taxidermy shop specializing in wildlife artistry. The drill looked like a jackhammer. After much deliberation, Josh decided that it was perhaps more than what he could really justify for the the job at hand. So, back to Home Depot we went to pick up the smaller drill.
2) We spent most of Sunday downstairs doing the drilling and wiring. Lucy and I were in our supervisory role as usual and at the ready to hand over various bits and pieces as needed. Needless to say, you will likely now be able to get online from the toilet and the kitchen sink. Talk about wired.
3) Tommy started the insulation on Monday. He still has a bit to finish today. As soon as he's done, we can schedule the insulation inspection.
4) Our HVac/heating inspection is scheduled for Tuesday.
5) Uncle Paul created the most amazing piece of stained glass to go over our front door. It arrived yesterday in perfect condition. I can't wait to install it. It's really going to snazz up the front of the house. I'll post pics of it soon.