1. Be leary of contractors that have not worked in your county in a while. They they may not be familiar enough with the building code.
2. Be leary of contractors that want you to accompany them (ie hold their hands) to the Building Office to get their permits.
3. Resist the urge to strangle said contractors when they annoy you. Punish them by not bringing them their morning coffee and silently swearing to never call them again after their work is done.
4. Don't go too crazy when you choose an edge for a counter top. Standard edges will do just fine. Here's a useful link.
5. Don't let your contractors frustrate you too much. Distract yourself with cute pictures of puppies, kittens and deer instead.
What Little Things Enchant Your Children?
6 hours ago