Saturday - Demolition
Monday - Demolition. We discover that when they added the kitchen to this house, they never built an exterior wall. They simply framed directly up against the house next to ours. The floor is also on a wacky slope which we knew about previously, but will definitely require some fixing.
Tuesday - Demolition continues & Pat arrives to start working on getting things ready to frame.
Wednesday - Demolition is complete & Pat and his boys are hard at work on framing
- Cesar arrives to take over the operation downstairs. He begins to sand, redo a lot of the previous taping and puddying and finish various things in preparation for painting.
- Pat and the boys make amazing progress on the framing.
- The tilers get started on the bathroom downstairs.
- Cesar continues to prep the downstairs.
- Pat and his boys continue to make lighting progress on the framing.
- The tilers continue to work on the bathroom downstairs. I am very relieved that we never tried to tile ourselves. It's much more complicated than I realized. The tile for the base of the shower is set.
- The window guy comes out to help asses the proper sizes for various rooms. We've decided to go with Marvin Integrity which is their new cheaper line. It also arrives in 2-3 weeks! We'll be ordering those on Monday.
All in all, the amount of progress that we've made in 7 days is rather stunning. We crashed at Jonathan and Arminda's for a few nights and then moved over to Cristina's family room with Miss Lucy on Monday. We can't survive without our girl. Josh continues to be at work until the wee hours of the morning. We head over to the house aka the job site around 7am. Josh checks in with everybody for an hour or two and then heads off to work. Then I run around doing whatever needs doing for the various contractors during the day. In the evenings, I return to Cristina's for dinner and take the canines for a nice walk at the beach. Then, I sleep!